Customer Support Specialist
At FYLD we are passionate about transforming the way field operations are run by utilities companies. FYLD puts actionable insights at the fingertips of field workers and their managers, empowering teams to make data-driven decisions in real-time, leading to greater safety, efficiency and quality assurance. The power of our platform comes from the way it was created – in partnership with SGN, the major UK-based natural and green gas distributor (they deliver gas to over 14 million homes and businesses in the UK). FYLD was built by the fieldworker, for the fieldworker, in conjunction with our deep data science expertise.
While we are lucky enough to have SGN on board as our anchor customer, we are just at the beginning of our journey to partner with utilities companies globally to transform their field operations.
Culture is really important to us and it will be to you too. It is rare to find a start-up like us – we were born at world-leading venture foundry BCGDV and are funded by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (they manage over £207 billion in net assets) through their venture foundry Koru. SGN is part-owned by Ontario Teachers Pension Plan, they are a great supporter, our anchor customer and a shareholder. Our ability to access the world’s greatest utilities companies and to partner with them on their data-led transformation is exceptional – you will be working with the world’s best companies. We are looking for people to join us who can see that this environment means that they will have a career-defining experience with us.
We trust the numbers, not our guts – you will too. We experiment rapidly and are not afraid to kill new concepts that do not drive user growth. Our success to date has been through conducting deep research on user needs and being very analytical about what we have found. You will want to continue this journey.
The start-up culture of planning, delivery, agile and accountability is second nature to us. Transparency is core, we are a small team and what everybody does on a daily basis counts. With this comes the need for agility, we are willing to adapt to our learnings and need you to be too. You don’t need to have experience at a start-up, but we do need you to buy into the culture of being at one.
About the Job
We are looking for a Customer Support Specialist to assist our customers with issues when using our products.
Customer Support Specialist responsibilities include resolving customer queries, recommending solutions and guiding product users through features. To be successful in this role, you should be an excellent communicator who’s able to earn our users’ trust. You should also be familiar with help desk software. This role is vital in gathering customer feedback to improve our product and experience for users.
Ultimately, you will help us deliver world-class customer support for our customers and users, a key part of FYLD’s growth journey.
What you’ll be doing:
- Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email or chat
- Identify customer needs and help customers use specific features
- Analyse and report product bugs (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users)
- Update our internal databases with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
- Inform customers about new features and functionalities
- Follow up with customers to ensure their technical issues are resolved
- Gather customer feedback and share with our Product, Sales and Marketing teams
- Be the first point of contact for our users addressing incoming queries and problems to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Owning FYLDs support tools and processes, continually looking to improve and adopt best practices.
- 1 year + experience in Customer Support
- Passionate about a career in Customer Support.
- NPS and Customer Satisfaction – You will have experience and a passion for improving one of our core metrics (e.g. using Wootric and Intercom)
- An effective communicator and can comfortably change your tone of voice according to the customer.
- Data-driven, comfortable analysing trends in customer support data and making data-driven decisions.
- Experience using help desk software and remote support tools
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, team environment.
- May from time to time be expected to work irregular hours such as weekends.
- Utilities Industry experience
- Experience administrating support software (we use Intercom)
Why become a FYLD’er?
Occasionally, the chance comes up to do something special. We have a big vision for the data-led transformation of utility field force operations and a plan to achieve it, along with the right partners to be successful. And when we are successful – it will be career-defining for all of us. This provides a work environment that is collaborative, challenging and fun. And we are still small enough that you can make a real difference by what you do each day.
Financially, we reward on target performance strongly. The base salary for this role is attractive, there is an element of performance-based pay along with participation in our employee equity plan.
But the benefits go well beyond that. This is reflected in our 5* GlassDoor rating. These benefits include a good number of days off to make sure you get downtime and time with your family and friends. We work flexibly, we invest in your learning and development (with a substantial annual allowance provided) and have a mentorship program with some of the great people who surround us. And at the end of the day, we are confident that the experience you will have with us will change the trajectory of your career.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org