At FYLD we are passionate about transforming the way field operations are run by utilities companies. FYLD puts actionable insights at the fingertips of field workers and their managers, empowering teams to make data-driven decisions in real time, leading to greater safety, efficiency and quality assurance. The power of our platform comes from the way it was created – in partnership with SGN, the major UK-based natural and green gas distributor (they deliver gas to over 14 million homes and businesses in the UK). FYLD was built by the field worker, for the field worker, in conjunction with our deep data science expertise.
While we are lucky enough to have SGN on board as our anchor customer, we are just at the beginning of our journey to partner with utilities companies globally to transform their field operations.
Culture is really important to us and it will be to you too. It is rare to find a start-up like us – we were born at world leading venture foundry BCG DV and are funded by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (they manage over £207 billion in net assets) through their venture foundry Koru. SGN is part owned by Ontario Teachers Pension Plan, they are a great supporter, our anchor customer and a shareholder. Our ability to access the world’s greatest utilities companies and to partner with them on their data led transformation is exceptional – you will be working with the world’s best companies. We are looking for people to join us who can see that this environment means that they will have a career defining experience with us.
We trust the numbers, not our guts – you will too. We experiment rapidly and are not afraid to kill new concepts that do not drive user growth. Our success to date has been through conducting deep research on user needs and being very analytical about what we have found. You will want to continue this journey.
The start-up culture of planning, delivery, agile and accountability is second nature to us. Transparency is core, we are a small team and what everybody does on a daily basis counts. With this comes the need for agility, we are willing to adapt to our learnings and need you to be too. You don’t need to have experience at a start-up, but we do need you to buy into the culture of being at one.
About the Job
We are looking to hire a talented and committed Junior Designer to join our Design team. This person will play an important role with FYLD’s marketing communications and wider design function. Approximately 80% of the role will be working on marketing materials such as brochures, digital adverts, emails and promotional videos. There will be the opportunity to assist the team with the UX and UI of our digital products.
What’s on offer
- A competitive remuneration package.
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, well backed, highly ambitious tech startup.
- A friendly team of highly motivated individuals who help each other learn.
- The opportunity to improve your craft as a designer and sharpen your skills and understanding of effective visual design.
- Exposure to the digital product design process and UX best practise.
- An environment where you are listened to and will have an impact.
- Access to our mentorship programme and investment in your learning and development.
- A hybrid working model with option to work in London based office or remote.
- Minimum of 1 year commercial experience.
- You have a great grasp of design principles such as typography, colour, layout, grid and hierarchy.
- Must be fluent in using design and video editing tools such Adobe Photoshop, Illustration, Premiere and Sketch.
- You can work with a predefined brand and reinvent pieces that require change.
- You have great communication skills and you are comfortable with presenting your designs.
- You’ll be good at taking feedback and quickly iterating.
- All applications must include a copy/link to portfolio.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org