As a fast-growing B2B technology start-up, we power field workforce productivity and safety, using the power of AI. Our digital platform, FYLD, reduces safety hazards, regulatory fines, and productivity losses facing an industrial field workforce. Through real-time workflow visibility, we provide managers with actionable insights to deliver greater business efficiency, all while eliminating paperwork and unnecessary disruption to field teams’ vital work ‘on the tools’.
Working for a rapidly growing, award-winning, productivity, safety and wellbeing-focused technology organisation, this is a career-defining position where you’ll collaborate with industry-renowned leaders, offering an unmissable opportunity for an astute, best-in-class operational leader to accelerate their career.
In 2020, FYLD recognised that many utility businesses were stuck in early digitalisation. To meet industry needs and accelerate modernisation, FYLD launched its innovative platform by leveraging artificial intelligence and computer vision, while focusing on behavioural safety. Our mission? To power productivity, safety, and efficiency in field teams around the world to enable operational excellence.
Our ability to access leading utility companies and partner with them on their data-led transformation is unparalleled, and this role presents the opportunity to work with some of the world’s best organisations. We are looking for people to join us who are motivated by this collaborative environment and understand its potential to create a career-defining experience.
We trust the numbers, not our guts. We experiment rapidly, placing customer value first with a laser focus on driving user growth. Our success to date has been a testament to our deep research into user needs and analytical thinking.
FYLD secured funding of £14M through seed and Series A rounds, and is backed by blue-chip investors including Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan (OTPP), Boston Consulting Group (BCG), and SGN. As a purpose-driven company that delivers profitable outcomes, we aim to become the global leader in field service management. Our accolades include:
- Winner of two Energy Innovation Awards 2022 from the Energy Industries Council (EIC)
- Winner of £500K of funding from industry regulator OFGEM in 2022
- Winner of Emerging Technology of the Year Award 2020 from UK IT Awards
A positive culture is vitally important to us. Planning, delivery, agility, and accountability are second nature in our business. We have worked hard to develop a culture that is open, transparent, and empowers our people by providing career defining experiences, industry-leading benefits, employee care and learning opportunities.
Transparency is central to our culture – we are a small team, and every team member is important to the success of the business. You don’t need to have experience in a start-up environment, but we do need you to adopt the culture of being at one.
We are looking to hire a talented and committed Junior Designer to join our Design team. This person will play an important role in FYLD’s marketing communications and wider design function. The role will include working on marketing materials such as presentations, brochures, digital adverts, emails, and promotional videos. There will be the opportunity to assist the team with user research alongside the UX and UI of our digital products.
Your knowledge, experience, and skills
- Minimum of 1-year commercial experience
- You have a great grasp of design principles such as typography, colour, layout, grid and hierarchy
- Must be fluent in using design and video editing tools such Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Sketch and Figma
- An understanding of UX and UI principles and best practices, particularly for mobile design
- You can work with a predefined brand and reinvent pieces that require change
- You have great communication skills and you are comfortable with presenting your designs
- You’ll be good at taking feedback and quickly iterating
- Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality
- UK based
- Fluent English
- All applications must include a copy/link to a portfolio
This role is mostly remote, but you may be required to commute to London x2 days per week.
Market competitive remuneration package with an equity component
- Substantial annual allowance invested in your learning and development
- Pension scheme, BUPA healthcare, GymPass membership, death in service and more
- Regular FYLD Camps
- Hybrid working model, embracing flexibility to deliver the role between home working, office work and out on-site with clients
An inclusive and flexible work environment
At FYLD, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We nurture an inclusive work environment and are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities.
In addition, we have implemented a flexible way of working which we believe enables teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. While we value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, we also appreciate and understand that the world of work has changed.
All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org