Junior / Mid-level Product Designer
As a fast-growing B2B technology start-up, we power field workforce productivity and safety, using the power of AI. Our digital platform, FYLD, reduces safety hazards, regulatory fines, and productivity losses facing an industrial field workforce. Through real-time workflow visibility, we provide managers with actionable insights to deliver greater business efficiency, all while eliminating paperwork and unnecessary disruption to field teams’ vital work ‘on the tools’.
Working for a rapidly growing, award-winning, productivity, safety and wellbeing-focused technology organisation, this is a career-defining position where you’ll collaborate with industry-renowned leaders, offering an unmissable opportunity for an astute, best-in-class operational leader to accelerate their career.
In 2020, FYLD recognised that many utility businesses were stuck in early digitalisation. To meet industry needs and accelerate modernisation, FYLD launched its innovative platform by leveraging artificial intelligence and computer vision, while focusing on behavioural safety. Our mission? To power productivity, safety, and efficiency in field teams around the world to enable operational excellence.
Our ability to access leading utility companies and partner with them on their data-led transformation is unparalleled, and this role presents the opportunity to work with some of the world’s best organisations. We are looking for people to join us who are motivated by this collaborative environment and understand its potential to create a career-defining experience.
We trust the numbers, not our guts. We experiment rapidly, placing customer value first with a laser focus on driving user growth. Our success to date has been a testament to our deep research into user needs and analytical thinking.
FYLD secured funding of £14M through seed and Series A rounds, and is backed by blue-chip investors including Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan (OTPP), Boston Consulting Group (BCG), and SGN. As a purpose-driven company that delivers profitable outcomes, we aim to become the global leader in field service management. Our accolades include:
- Winner of two Energy Innovation Awards 2022 from the Energy Industries Council (EIC)
- Winner of £500K of funding from industry regulator OFGEM in 2022
- Winner of Emerging Technology of the Year Award 2020 from UK IT Awards
A positive culture is vitally important to us. Planning, delivery, agility, and accountability are second nature in our business. We have worked hard to develop a culture that is open, transparent, and empowers our people by providing career defining experiences, industry-leading benefits, employee care and learning opportunities.
Transparency is central to our culture – we are a small team, and every team member is important to the success of the business. You don’t need to have experience in a start-up environment, but we do need you to adopt the culture of being at one.
We are looking for a talented Product Designer to join our dynamic and collaborative team. This a fantastic opportunity for a junior designer looking to step up or a mid-level designer looking for their next challenge.
In the role you will have the opportunity to contribute to the entire design process, from research and ideation to prototyping and implementation. You will work as part of cross-functional teams to create exceptional user experiences and help shape the future of our products.
We are seeking someone who is not only proactive and organised but also ambitious and enthusiastic about developing their skills further.
Reporting to the Lead Designer this position is ideal for an individual with a solid foundation in UX and digital design. We are looking for someone who can:
- Use customer insights and data to inform the user experience.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and interactive mock-ups to demonstrate design concepts and interactions.
- Apply user-centered design principles and create intuitive and engaging experiences.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers, and other designers, to deliver high-quality design solutions.
- Apply problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities, with a focus on finding innovative design solutions to complex challenges.
Due to the nature of the work, you will be expected to travel to spend time on-site with FYLD customers and users.
Skills and mindset
- Minimum of 2 experience of hands-on UX and UI design across multiple devices and platforms (applicants must possess a portfolio showcasing their skills and experience).
- Proficiency in industry-standard design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq or similar.
- Experience designing and conducting user research and testing.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to adapt to different audiences while always championing design thinking.
- Outcome-driven mindset.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
- The desire to contribute to building a world class design team.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Jobs-To-Be-Done theory, particularly using job maps.
- Experience working in a start-up – the role will be fast-moving and varied.
- Experience within the utilities and construction sector.
This role is mostly remote, but you may be required to commute to London x2 days per week. Some travel to customer locations across UK will also be necessary.
The successful candidate will be offered:
- Market competitive remuneration package.
- Substantial annual allowance invested in your learning and development.
- Pension scheme, leading healthcare from day one, death in service and access to various benefits.
- A hybrid working model, embracing flexibility to deliver the role, between home working, office work and out on-site with clients.
At FYLD, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We nurture an inclusive work environment and are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities.
In addition, we have implemented a flexible way of working which we believe enables teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. While we value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, we also appreciate and understand that the world of work has changed.
All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
To apply, please email email@example.com