At FYLD we are passionate about transforming the way field operations are run by utilities companies. FYLD puts actionable insights at the fingertips of field workers and their managers, empowering teams to make data-driven decisions in real-time, leading to greater safety, efficiency and quality assurance. The power of our platform comes from the way it was created – in partnership with SGN, the major UK-based natural and green gas distributor (they deliver gas to over 14 million homes and businesses in the UK). FYLD was built by the fieldworker, for the fieldworker, in conjunction with our deep data science expertise.
While we are lucky enough to have SGN on board as our anchor customer, we are just at the beginning of our journey to partner with utilities companies globally to transform their field operations.
Culture is really important to us and it will be to you too. It is rare to find a start-up like us – we were born at world-leading venture foundry BCG DV and are funded by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (they manage over £207 billion in net assets) through their venture foundry Koru. SGN is part-owned by Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan, they are a great supporter, our anchor customer and a shareholder. Our ability to access the world’s greatest utilities companies and to partner with them on their data-led transformation is exceptional – you will be working with the world’s best companies. We are looking for people to join us who can see that this environment means that they will have a career-defining experience with us.
We trust the numbers, not our guts – you will too. We experiment rapidly and are not afraid to kill new concepts that do not drive user growth. Our success to date has been through conducting deep research on user needs and being very analytical about what we have found. You will want to continue this journey.
The start-up culture of planning, delivery, agile and accountability is second nature to us. Transparency is core, we are a small team and what everybody does on a daily basis counts. With this comes the need for agility, we are willing to adapt to our learnings and need you to be too. You don’t need to have experience at a start-up, but we do need you to buy into the culture of being at one.
About the Job
We’re looking for a Product Person to join the team to enable us to manage the roadmap, backlog and delivery of outcomes. Owning the Product efforts of FYLD will be your full responsibility and allows you to experiment with various methods to drive value
Build the right thing – Strategic Focus
- Using data (both quant and qual) and working alongside the team define what we should build next and why in line with our user and buyer personas in a b2b SaaS world
- Follow the Jobs to be done or hypothesis-driven development process with a view to always iterate towards value – favours adding value quickly to determine further investment – and help us iterate our ways of working as we expand
- Create confidence in requirements and prototypes working alongside our Design team and various stakeholders with pre-defined KPIs for each feature and the benefit it creates
- Be comfortable making trade-offs in line with Product Roadmap ownership
- Conduct competitive/future AI tech/Customer analysis, get insights, and build insights into the roadmap
- Stakeholders will be customers, users, legal, marketing, design, trialists etc
- Able to ruthlessly prioritise and make micro-decisions confidently daily – comfortable in discussions with senior parties
Build the thing right – Delivery focus
- Be a visionary to not just the Design and Eng team, but to the world
- Own Sprint Goals, Sprints, User stories, acceptance criteria, manual QA and AGILE ceremonies where appropriate
- Maintain relationships with all stakeholders during each part of the process (e.g. “what’s the status of X”)
- Participate in customer interviews and translate value statements into value propositions
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
What you’ll get:
● Competitive remuneration package.
● Opportunity to join a fast-growing, well backed, highly ambitious startup.
● A friendly team of highly motivated individuals who help each other learn.
● Continuous professional development and training opportunities including mentoring.
● An environment where you are listened to and will have an impact
● A focus on remote working with meetups in London and surrounding areas of the country for site visits at our customers
To apply, please email email@example.com