Senior Marketing Manager
At FYLD we are passionate about transforming the way field operations are run by utilities companies. FYLD puts actionable insights at the fingertips of field workers and their managers, empowering teams to make data-driven decisions in real-time, leading to greater safety, efficiency and quality assurance. The power of our platform comes from the way it was created – in partnership with SGN, the major UK-based natural and green gas distributor (they deliver gas to over 14 million homes and businesses in the UK). FYLD was built by the fieldworker, for the fieldworker, in conjunction with our deep data science expertise.
While we are lucky enough to have SGN on board as our anchor customer, we are just at the beginning of our journey to partner with utilities companies globally to transform their field operations.
Culture is really important to us and it will be to you too. It is rare to find a start-up like us – we were born at world-leading venture foundry BCG DV and are funded by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (they manage over £207 billion in net assets) through their venture foundry Koru. SGN is part-owned by Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan, they are a great supporter, our anchor customer and a shareholder. Our ability to access the world’s greatest utilities companies and to partner with them on their data-led transformation is exceptional – you will be working with the world’s best companies. We are looking for people to join us who can see that this environment means that they will have a career-defining experience with us.
We trust the numbers, not our guts – you will too. We experiment rapidly and are not afraid to kill new concepts that do not drive user growth. Our success to date has been through conducting deep research on user needs and being very analytical about what we have found. You will want to continue this journey.
The start-up culture of planning, delivery, agile and accountability is second nature to us. Transparency is core, we are a small team and what everybody does on a daily basis counts. With this comes the need for agility, we are willing to adapt to our learnings and need you to be too. You don’t need to have experience at a start-up, but we do need you to buy into the culture of being at one.
About the Job
We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to join the team to enable us to drive inbound leads and grow credibility in the industry. Owning the marketing efforts of FYLD will be your full responsibility and allows you to experiment with various methods to drive value.
- Align marketing team efforts vertically and horizontally internally to increase qualified pipeline, decrease sales cycles, reduce churn and grow MRR – build the first FYLD Marketing KPI Dashboard
- Identify growth opportunities and move toward them with the right balance of long and short term initiatives
- Create quarterly OKRs supported by a budget that allows the team to reach its goals
- Hire and manage team members, agencies, and vendors towards OKRs and revenue goals if required
- Manage discretionary spend to maximize CAC ratios
- Analyze and diagnose the funnel – understand & action where funnel friction occurs
- Manage a leadership dashboard and report funnel & growth metrics out to the rest of the leadership team and board
- Conduct competitive analysis, get insights, and build insights into marketing strategy and tactical materials
- Help move FYLD into a PQL business
- Translate product features into prospect benefits and communicate product value to the market
- Maintain customer personas and build targeting strategies into marketing campaigns
- Develop a deep understanding of customers and user personas, build campaigns to position the product and introduce new product features
- Conduct customer interviews and translate value statements into value propositions
- Use product roadmap to inform future Marketing decisions
- Train sales and customer success teams on messaging around product features and benefits
- Understand and deliver content to drive marketing/sales goals (i.e. web content for SEO, testimonial PDFs for lead-in/sales enablement, nurture campaigns to move top-of-funnel leads down to sales, etc.)
- Develop materials for the sales team to move people down the funnel (i.e. case studies, ROI calculator, battle cards, etc.) – headline copywriting should ideally be a core competency, long-form copy and design may be outsourced if needed
- Interview industry experts within the team (sales, product, customer success) and create educational, thought leadership, and expert content for the market
- Lead the company in developing and delivering content in your ideal “watering-holes”
- Write straightforward, simple, succinct, meaningful ad and web copy to connect with target personas
Demand Generation / Digital
- Manage and execute PPC, paid social, remarketing and other ad spend
- Manage digital channels, including website, social and online presence
- Summarize (and report on) data to show levers affecting sales conversion/pipeline
- Own product landing page development
- Execute tactical marketing decisions based on data (Cost per MQL, OKRs based on funnel projections, efforts based on chance)
- Understand, design, and execute campaign attribution
- Manage the marketing data stack including a qualified pipeline from marketing, funnel and content metrics, CPC, CAC, and website analytics & development roadmap
What you’ll get:
● Competitive remuneration package.
● Opportunity to join a fast-growing, well backed, highly ambitious startup.
● A friendly team of highly motivated individuals who help each other learn.
● Continuous professional development and training opportunities including mentoring.
● An environment where you are listened to and will have an impact.
● A focus on remote working.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org