Utilities are under pressure, globally. Regulators are demanding productivity, delivered safely. Customers are expecting faster service and better reliability. The shift to renewable energy sources and net zero emissions are accelerating. However, many utilities are stuck in early stage digitisation, where paper processes were replaced with something digital - often a tick box form on a phone.
That’s where FYLD comes in. We are reimagining utility field force operations from a data first perspective, putting actionable insights at the fingertips of field workers, their managers and operational leadership. We track everything and focus on what matters. By doing this, the organisations that we partner with unlock substantial safety and productivity gains.
The power of our platform comes from the way it was created - in partnership with SGN, the major UK-based natural and green gas distributor (they deliver gas to over 14 million homes and businesses in the UK). FYLD was built by the field worker, for the field worker, in conjunction with our deep data science expertise. It was built at world leading venture foundry BCGDV and is financially backed by leading global infrastructure investor Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan.
Want to learn about working in a start-up?
We’re looking for an Intern to join the Customers Success & Growth team. We are rapidly increasing the number of trials with customers and need someone to join the team to help make them successful. This is a paid position.
What you’ll be responsible for
● This will constantly be evolving throughout your time with us, the more you deliver the more responsibility you can take on. We do know it will probably involve the following:
● Helping our customers get up to speed with the product – this could involve remote or in-person training (COVID dependent)
● Ensuring devices are ready for customers to trial with and customers are set up for success
● Mapping customer processes to FYLD usage
Some more about you:
● You’re a university graduate
● You are eager to learn and help grow a start-up
● You’re creative in finding solutions and workarounds when things are blocked.
● We trust the numbers, not our guts - and you will too. We experiment rapidly and are not afraid to kill new concepts that do not drive user growth, along with safety and productivity gains. We are successful because we keep users at the centre of our design, are very analytical and take action quickly. You will want to continue this journey and enjoy start-up ways of working (you don’t need to have experience of working at a start-up, but you do need to buy into the culture of being at one).
● We are looking for people who will bring something unique to our culture, while sharing our values - which include diversity and a commitment to an inclusive work environment. We believe in the power of the team and create value by doing, not talking.
Bonus points for:
● 1-2 Years experience at a SaaS start up -preferably B2B
Why become a FYLD’er?
Occasionally, the chance comes up to do something special. We have a big vision for the data led transformation of utility field force operations and a plan to achieve it, along with the right partners to be successful. And when we are successful - it will be career defining for all of us. This provides a work environment that is collaborative, challenging and fun. And we are still small enough that you can make a real difference by what you do each day.
We also offer great benefits, including a good number of days off to make sure you get down time and time with your family and friends. We work flexibly, we invest in your learning and developing with a substantial annual allowance for this and have a mentorship program with some of the great people who surround us.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love to show you how FYLD can help your organisation run safer more efficient job sites.
Get in touch now to start your trial.