At FYLD we are passionate about transforming the way field operations are run by utilities companies. FYLD puts actionable insights at the fingertips of field workers and their managers, empowering teams to make data-driven decisions in real time, leading to greater safety, efficiency and quality assurance. The power of our platform comes from the way it was created - in partnership with SGN, the major UK-based natural and green gas distributor (they deliver gas to over 14 million homes and businesses in the UK). FYLD was built by the field worker, for the field worker, in conjunction with our deep data science expertise.
While we are lucky enough to have SGN on board as our anchor customer, we are just at the beginning of our journey to partner with utilities companies globally to transform their field operations.
Culture is really important to us and it will be to you too. It is rare to find a start-up like us - we were born at world leading venture foundry BCG DV and are funded by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (they manage over £207 billion in net assets) through their venture foundry Koru. SGN is part owned by Ontario Teachers Pension Plan, they are a great supporter, our anchor customer and a shareholder. Our ability to access the world’s greatest utilities companies and to partner with them on their data led transformation is exceptional - you will be working with the world's best companies. We are looking for people to join us who can see that this environment means that they will have a career defining experience with us.
We trust the numbers, not our guts - you will too. We experiment rapidly and are not afraid to kill new concepts that do not drive user growth. Our success to date has been through conducting deep research on user needs and being very analytical about what we have found. You will want to continue this journey.
The start-up culture of planning, delivery, agile and accountability is second nature to us. Transparency is core, we are a small team and what everybody does on a daily basis counts. With this comes the need for agility, we are willing to adapt to our learnings and need you to be too. You don’t need to have experience at a start-up, but we do need you to buy into the culture of being atone.
About the Job
We are looking for a talented Junior Product Designer, with exceptional visual design skills to help shape the future of our digital products. With a focus on UI you’lI be involved in end to end project delivery of our industry-transforming mobile and web app. ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sitestream).
● 1-3 years experience of UX/UI design.
● Examples of effective, well thought-out interfaces that showcases your understanding of users and attention-to-detail. This should include both mobile and web products you’ve worked on.
● An excellent knowledge of Sketch, Invision and the core Adobe Creative Cloud apps (Photoshop/Ilustrator).
● An appreciation and understanding of each stage of the UX/UI design process (research, user flows, wire-framing, visual design, prototyping, testing).
● Worked with Agile methodologies.
● A can-do attitude and willingness to help with ad-hoc. design and marketing tasks.
● A collaborative and results driven personality with an eagerness to always learn new skills.
● UK based and fluent English.
Bonus points :
● An interest in machine learning and AI.
● User testing experience.
● Digital marketing skills.
● Experience in a start-up with OKRs.
What you’ll get:
● Competitive renumeration package.
● Opportunity to join a fast-growing, well backed, highly ambitious startup.
● A friendly team of highly motivated individuals who help each other learn.
● Continuous professional development and training opportunities including mentoring.
● An environment where you are listened to and will have an impact.
● A focus on remote working.
To apply, please email email@example.com
We’d love to show you how FYLD can help your organisation run safer more efficient job sites.
Get in touch now to book a demo.