Morrison Water Services (MWS) provide vital repair work to keep the country’s water safe and flowing. Like many organisations, MWS had used a paper-based system for point of work risk assessments which would take around 20 minutes to complete, these forms are typically only referred to should an incident occur.
Following a review of FYLD’s Video Risk Assessment (VRAs) and front-line data capture, MWS were able to see how FYLD could complement their present safety culture, identifying the following opportunities:
- Elevation of risk assessment capabilities and therefore reduction of incidents.
- The ability to coach remotely on street works compliance.
- The ability to collaborate and suggest additional hazards within the risk assessment.
- The ability to notify the next team due on site of all the hazards.
- The capability to share videos with their clients and customers to prove no defects.
MWS started with a trial of 40 users, which quickly expanded across eight different contracts, serving water companies across the UK. Key benefits that were realised by MWS included:
- 15 minutes saved per risk assessment, putting time directly back on the tools.
- 100% of sites to be reviewed remotely in real time, due to remote site visibility.
- Proactive productivity or safety interventions on over 30% of jobs, preventing job delays or incidents.
- Seamless job handovers preventing misinformation leading to aborted jobs.
- Reduction in customer complaints and fines from front-line data capture.
- Real-time insight into hazardous jobs for expert review from high-risk notifications system.