At FYLD we are passionate about transforming the way field operations are run by utilities companies. FYLD puts actionable insights at the fingertips of field workers and their managers, empowering teams to make data-driven decisions in real time, leading to greater safety, efficiency and quality assurance. The power of our platform comes from the way it was created - in partnership with SGN, the major UK-based natural and green gas distributor (they deliver gas to over 14 million homes and businesses in the UK). FYLD was built by the field worker, for the field worker, in conjunction with our deep data science expertise.
While we are lucky enough to have SGN on board as our anchor customer, we are just at the beginning of our journey to partner with utilities companies globally to transform their field operations. To be successful in our mission we need an extraordinary UK Business Development Director who is the driving force behind executing the UK sales strategy. You will be accountable in partnership with our Chief Commercial Officer for ensuring the commercial success of the organisation against pre-determined sales targets and will understand what it takes to target a major utility and convert them into a customer.
You have an execution mind-set and are determined to ramp up the venture; you can successfully establish key customer relationships and drive the business beyond personal yearly commercial & revenue targets. You understand the importance of feedback loops and love collaborating with product teams in a structured, data driven way to inform the roadmap. While you may have spent years in a large enterprise, you understand what it takes to succeed in a start-up: planning, delivery, agile and accountability are second nature to you, and you understand that working with maximum transparency is core to us. This is a great opportunity for a smart and ambitious individual with proven experience in sales operations to grow within a fantastic, well-funded, early-stage company.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Delivering a strategy to drive direct sales growth in key and adjacent business markets to promote a qualified sales pipeline that is effectively managed through Hubspot;
- Delivering against pre-set quarterly and yearly sales targets and business KPI’s;
- Assessing, building and managing a pipeline of target customers across relevant channels to deliver on the company's growth objectives, actively manage the relationship with key customers;
- Aligning with corporate partner sales efforts to identify potential synergies;
- Actively engaging with the market, building a comprehensive network and becoming a thought leader in our venture’s niche;
- Working closely with our product team to communicate customer needs and constantly improving the platform in both current and adjacent markets – although you know that you need to sell what we have today, along with the promise of the product roadmap;
- Updating implementation and operational plans based on data-driven decisions and analyses;
- Tracking competition and managing threats in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of the impact on sales and product; and
- Working with the CCO to invest in strategic partnerships & relationships to drive growth.
- First of all, culture is really important to us and it will be to you too. It is rare to find a start-up like us - we were born at world leading venture foundry BCGDV and are funded by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (they manage over £207 billion in net assets) through their venture foundry Koru. SGN is part owned by Ontario Teachers Pension Plan, they are a great supporter, our anchor customer and a shareholder. Our ability to access the world’s greatest utilities companies and to partner with them on their data led transformation is exceptional - you will be working with the world's best companies. We are looking for people to join us who can see that this environment means that they will have a career defining experience with us;
- You are data led. We trust the numbers, not our guts - you will too. We experiment rapidly and are not afraid to kill new concepts that do not drive user growth. Our success to date has been through conducting deep research on user needs and being very analytical about what we have found. You will want to continue this journey and will be a natural user of systems to support this approach (eg Hubspot, trello etc);
- You will have a proven record of successful sales and/or partnerships team in high-growth B2B / Enterprise SaaS environment and strong experience in SaaS commercial deal modelling – this is entry stakes for the role. Online marketing and sales growth experience in B2E environments will be highly regarded. Experience in negotiating SaaS deals in the industrial/utilities market is a plus;
- You love client account management and understand that in Enterprise B2B for utilities there are traditional aspects to the role that remain very important, particularly in our early days when we are building our sales function and are establishing account management capability. You can demonstrate experience with senior stakeholder management and understand that this is key to our ongoing stickiness and success. You understand that (when we can start doing so again) that travel is crucial and spending time with our customers is key to building strong, long lasting relationships. Sometimes after travelling you will find yourself in a boardroom, sometimes you will find yourself at a repair site on a major road – you are equally comfortable in both situations. While this is an important aspect of the role, you are more of a hunter than a farmer;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills will be natural to you, ability to communicate ideas effectively within cross-functional teams will be something you have always done to be successful;
- You will have the ability to grow into a leadership position within a short window and the ambition to develop your career at pace. The ability to have a career defining experience with us will resonate with you deeply; and
- The start-up culture of planning, delivery, agile and accountability is second nature to you. Transparency is core, we are a small team and what everybody does on a daily basis counts. With this comes the need for agility, we are willing to adapt to our learnings and need you to be too. You don’t need to have experience at a start-up, but we do need you to buy into the culture of being at one.
To apply, please email email@example.com
We’d love to show you how FYLD can help your organisation run safer more efficient job sites.
Get in touch now to book a demo.