Business Development Associate Programme
Location: UK, Ireland, US (East Coast)
Term of programme: 3 Months
As a fast-growing B2B technology start-up, we power field workforce productivity and safety, using the power of AI. Our digital platform, FYLD, reduces safety hazards, regulatory fines, and productivity losses facing an industrial field workforce. Through real-time workflow visibility, we provide managers with actionable insights to deliver greater business efficiency, all while eliminating paperwork and unnecessary disruption to field teams’ vital work ‘on the tools’.
Working for a rapidly growing, award-winning, productivity, safety and wellbeing-focused technology organisation, this is a career-defining position where you’ll collaborate with industry-renowned leaders, offering an unmissable opportunity for an astute, best-in-class operational leader to accelerate their career.
In 2020, FYLD recognised that many utility businesses were stuck in early digitalisation. To meet industry needs and accelerate modernisation, FYLD launched its innovative platform by leveraging artificial intelligence and computer vision, while focusing on behavioural safety. Our mission? To power productivity, safety, and efficiency in field teams around the world to enable operational excellence.
Our ability to access leading utility companies and partner with them on their data-led transformation is unparalleled, and this role presents the opportunity to work with some of the world’s best organisations. We are looking for people to join us who are motivated by this collaborative environment and understand its potential to create a career-defining experience.
We trust the numbers, not our guts. We experiment rapidly, placing customer value first with a laser focus on driving user growth. Our success to date has been a testament to our deep research into user needs and analytical thinking.
FYLD secured funding of £14M through seed and Series A rounds, and is backed by blue-chip investors including Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan (OTPP), Boston Consulting Group (BCG), and SGN. As a purpose-driven company that delivers profitable outcomes, we aim to become the global leader in field service management. Our accolades include:
- Winner of two Energy Innovation Awards 2022 from the Energy Industries Council (EIC)
- Winner of £500K of funding from industry regulator OFGEM in 2022
- Winner of Emerging Technology of the Year Award 2020 from UK IT Awards
A positive culture is vitally important to us. Planning, delivery, agility, and accountability are second nature in our business. We have worked hard to develop a culture that is open, transparent, and empowers our people by providing career defining experiences, industry-leading benefits, employee care and learning opportunities.
Transparency is central to our culture – we are a small team, and every team member is important to the success of the business. You don’t need to have experience in a start-up environment, but we do need you to adopt the culture of being at one.
We are seeking an energetic and driven young professional who is looking to gain SaaS Go-To-Market experience within a fast-paced growing startup working with enterprise customers across multiple industries including utilities, infrastructure, construction and engineering, and manufacturing across Europe, North America, South America and APAC.
This person will play a foundational role in developing early-stage sales opportunities and driving new business within FYLD. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting deep prospect research, helping the team identify new business opportunities, and developing and executing sales strategies.
Your role will be cross-functional in nature, working alongside sales, marketing, support, customer success, and product.
- Conduct deep customer and market research to understand our target audience, including their pain points, challenges, and org. structures and could benefit from our field worker solution.
- Identify new business opportunities, including potential customers and market trends.
- Execute outreach via email, phone, and social media to qualify leads and generate meetings and demos for the sales team with qualified leads.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop effective messaging, presentations and strategies for closing deals and meeting revenue targets.
- Deliver structured, well-researched overview of target accounts to feed into Account Based Marketing strategies.
- Educate potential customers about the features and benefits of our solutions and help them understand how they can improve their field operations.
- Maintain accurate records of all customer interactions and update the company’s CRM system.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or a related field.
- Excellent research and analytical skills with a strong intuition and ability to connect the dots.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated.
- Proven track of high achievement.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office/GSuite products.
- Spanish language a plus
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about startups, sales, or business strategy and is looking to experience the vibrant life that early-stage companies can offer young professionals. As a Business Development Associate, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our team of experienced professionals and learn from their expertise and experience coaching and development from members of the team. You will gain hands-on experience in conducting deep customer research, identifying new business opportunities, and developing and executing sales strategies.
An inclusive and flexible work environment
At FYLD, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We nurture an inclusive work environment and are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities.
In addition, we have implemented a flexible way of working which we believe enables teams and individuals to do their best work. While we value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, we also appreciate and understand that the world of work has changed.
All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org