Senior Product Designer
At FYLD we are passionate about transforming the way field operations are run by utilities companies. FYLD puts actionable insights at the fingertips of field workers and their managers, empowering teams to make data-driven decisions in real-time, leading to greater safety, efficiency and quality assurance. The power of our platform comes from the way it was created – in partnership with SGN, the major UK-based natural and green gas distributor (they deliver gas to over 14 million homes and businesses in the UK). FYLD was built by the fieldworker, for the fieldworker, in conjunction with our deep data science expertise.
While we are lucky enough to have SGN on board as our anchor customer, we are just at the beginning of our journey to partner with utilities companies globally to transform their field operations.
Culture is really important to us and it will be to you too. It is rare to find a start-up like us – we were born at world-leading venture foundry BCGDV and are funded by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (they manage over £207 billion in net assets) through their venture foundry Koru. SGN is part-owned by Ontario Teachers Pension Plan, they are a great supporter, our anchor customer and a shareholder. Our ability to access the world’s greatest utilities companies and to partner with them on their data-led transformation is exceptional – you will be working with the world’s best companies. We are looking for people to join us who can see that this environment means that they will have a career-defining experience with us.
We trust the numbers, not our guts – you will too. We experiment rapidly and are not afraid to kill new concepts that do not drive user growth. Our success to date has been through conducting deep research on user needs and being very analytical about what we have found. You will want to continue this journey.
The start-up culture of planning, delivery, agile and accountability is second nature to us. Transparency is core, we are a small team and what everybody does on a daily basis counts. With this comes the need for agility, we are willing to adapt to our learnings and need you to be too. You don’t need to have experience at a start-up, but we do need you to buy into the culture of being at one.
About the Job
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer or Senior UX Designer with specific experience of dashboard design. You will be joining a high-performing and growing design team. The role will have a specific focus on leading and driving the development of a suite of customer dashboards.
- 4+ years UX/UI design
- Highly experienced in researching customer needs and requirements
- The ability to visualise complex data in a simple and clear way
- Experience in designing financial performance dashboards
- Good understanding of design tools such as Sketch and Abstract
- Willingness to work dynamically and flexibly to help meet goals of the design team
- Excellent communication, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Quick learner with an ambitious and results-driven personality
- Experience collaborating with an engineering team
- Keen to work in a fast-paced environment
- UK based – willing to travel nationally for user testing etc.
- Fluent English
- Experience in a fintech start-up or equivalent
- Interest or experience working with an AI-driven product
To apply, please email email@example.com